Ten Year Old Notes
I did more of an organziation than clean up here. I left JB's notes and tried to get some of the images he wanted. The info that was here wasn't the most up to date page either from the Way Back.
The appearances are right for which armor, all five of them, but didn't include the new issues, because I haven't looked to see if its a different version again. I'm not sure if putting the appearance by armor is best way, but I kept it because its any easy reference as to which armor appeared where. Even if its only a couple of people under the suit, it might work better (for now at least) to leave the appearances like that. --Astrozac (talk) 17:19, 9 September 2013 (PDT)
- Yea this goes back a long ways. A lot of it is from Pre-Herocopia days. There is a lot of thinking out loud, notes to myself structure here. Not a very good candidate as is for the current purpose and scope of Herocopia.com. This page needs a massive editing process, and it is time for me to shut down that link to my old Character Compendium Web Pages on AOL.COM, assuming I can even sign in there any more.
I plan to do some major revision there. I'm not so sure there are more than three versions of the suit. Major ones anyway. And while I like the call out of the version on the appearance list, I think that would be better served in a special section for the armor itself. Still thinking about this. I definitely don't think the numbers work. Make it seem like separate N-Forcers. Not so sure that is the case here at all. (More thinking out loud)
- It's also one of those things where it's hard to tell, until we get the N-Forcer expose that Kurt has talked about, about how many actual N-Forcers there have been. Not just the different armor versions.
- And there has been five different versions that we've seen, but you're right some there haven't been that much of a change.--Astrozac (talk) 09:13, 10 September 2013 (PDT)
- One thing that might need a closer look, if there was an update of the armor between his last appearances of volume 2 and the Beautie special and the beginning of the current volume. Looking at the profile image which is from issue two seems to look different than the 2004 image. Of course that wasn't Brent's drawing there, but still might have been a change.
- EDIT/ADD: Looking at some images on web it doesn't seem to be an armor change More just Carlos'? drawing seems to feature less armor and more energy with second "mickey mouse button" obscured.
Appearances by Armor Version
Kurt Busiek's Astro City Vol.1 #1, 6
Wizard Presents: Kurt Busiek's Astro City #1/2
Kurt Busiek's Astro City Vol.2 #1, 5, 6, 7, 9, 19, 20, 22
Astro City: Local Heroes #1, 3
Astro City: Beautie #1
Astro City: Silver Agent #2
Astro City #1, 2
Delineation of Versions Versus the Rendered Image by Artist
Item 1: Don't hesitate to use the Add topic tab when starting what you consider to be a new section.
Item 3: If it is not a new section then please use the auto-indent control character ":" or series of them "::" to indicate a follow up response. It makes it easier for others to find and read.
Item 3: As the subject of this section states, and it is a feeling I think I have talked about before, determining various uniform differences for N-Forcer is difficult based on what is being drawn for a given moment by a given artist. I don't think there are as many versions for the character as we have marked over the lifetime of this page. Even my original prototype page was more placeholder for the work I was doing at the time (I had become fascinated in refining my knowledge of Honor Guard's history in Astro City. It had become quite apparent to me in that time frame, that Kurt had a fairly well developed outline of Astro City as a whole, along with lots of characters and incidentals. I wanted to firm up what could be determined based on what was printed, presented to readers). At this point in time, and if I had the time, I would break out all of the uniform changes into a separate speculation section, maybe even put it on a separate page, so the main sections of the page can focus on the basics of the character, and the solid history we do know, touching in just a few sentences or a paragraph, a summary of his uniform upgrades with a references to the more confusing, and pretty much all speculation details.
I do believe that form of page structure would be more entertaining to read, and more useful to fans looking for more information about one of the more enigmatic and fascinating characters in Astro City. A a minimum, it would obviously be very helpful to have this page more reader friendly in preparation for N-Forcer's upcoming expose.--Infobroker (talk) 09:49, 1 April 2017 (PDT)
- And now, having taken a closer look at and read of the Equipment section that TranqulityFrog has updated, this page is in better shape than I realized. He's pretty much done what I mentioned above. Still needs a couple of images cleaned-up. But this is good stuff. --Infobroker (talk) 10:16, 1 April 2017 (PDT)
- My bad, JB, my computer was acting really slow and I was just wanting to get my thoughts out, more as a note for myself as much as anything.
- I agree for many of the armors there have only been small changes in the evolution of the design. I think most of the separation on this discussion page is to help in the future, when we find out how many people have been under the armor and the possible need for separate pages, activities, appearances, etc. --Astrozac (talk) 22:09, 1 April 2017 (PDT)