Template talk:Character page
Is there an easy way to access these character templates, other than each time going to the Help page, then clicking the template, then copy and pasting it? Say, some way to do it directly while we're doing a page edit?
--Yiding (talk) 23:40, 20 September 2013 (PDT)
- I usually wind up keeping multiple windows open, lol, but an easier way would be good..I tried putting the templates on a page then going to show preview, but it doesn't call up any of the section parameters. I'm pretty sure the old template parameters would show up when you did that... --Astrozac (talk) 23:50, 20 September 2013 (PDT)
- The old templates did indeed pop up ALL the parameters on preview. That is because they were not conditional parameters. We had no parser functions back then. --Infobroker (talk) 23:16, 7 October 2013 (PDT)
- I cut n pasted the two section in one .txt file offline. Made that a master file. When first building a page or transferring the salvaged pages, I edit offline. Just seed the stuff into a clone of that master file.--Infobroker (talk) 07:16, 21 September 2013 (PDT)
- Ask and ye shall receive.
- I am still in the beginning stages of getting preloads working. You'll be able to do it using a common ordinary input button. I don't have infrastructure up for it. Yea I know it is only a button, but there is a lot of stuff going on behind that button.
- You can try the button out now by going to the Help page. Right now the spacename prefix is set to "Test." That will change once we are ready to fully implement.
- Question? The preload will have the two character templates, the stub template and the start of a Category entry. What else do you guys want on this preload page? --Infobroker (talk) 23:10, 7 October 2013 (PDT)
- Wow, that's really cool, IB. I also really like the Broken Man pop-ups you've set up. That's really, really clever stuff.
- Adding now. Also, I should mention that you can preserve new character pages made with that button by moving the page out of the "test" namespace. I've also got on my todo list, figuring out how to change the edit page so we will have the button right there.